Being a vegetarian is a matter of choice. However, lately many people start to pay attention to many diet programs, and it is one of them. Vegetarian is healthy and easy diet programs. You still can enjoy delicious foods even when you only have vegetables and fruits. Then, the benefits are great since it helps you to manage your weight and even promote weight loss. Then, it is good way to prevent diabetes, cancer, and heart problems. That is why people are interested to vegetarian diet, and you may try it when you want to get healthier body.
Some people may think that being vegetarian may make you have fewer options of menus. In fact, it is not true. There are many kinds of vegetables and fruits that you can use as ingredients. Combination of them is more than enough to provide you with tasty foods. Then, you can have juices and smoothie as your drinks. When you need snacks, there are fruits and some vegetables as meals. Regarding the recipe, you may want to try curry roasted vegetable bowl. In general, this looks like regular curry. However, you will not have meat in ingredient, and you will replace them with vegetables. In term of taste, you will get the same taste as common curry since you still use the curry powder made from some spices, such as turmeric, coriander, cumin, and other kids of spices that you may often find in Indian foods. As for the recipes, you can follow the steps below.
o 1 cup long grain brown rice
o ½ teaspoon salt
o 2 tablespoon olive oil
o 2 tablespoon curry powder
o 3 carrots
o 1 cup frozen peas
o 1 head cauliflower
o 1 red onion
o ¼ teaspoon salt
o ¼ teaspoon cayenne
o 1/3 cup tahini
o ½ teaspoon ground cumin
o ¼ cup lemon juice
o 2 cloves minced garlic
o 1/3 cup water
- Cooking Instruction
- First thing to cook is rice. It is going to be the one that you should cook separately and it takes long time. That is why you can prepare and let the process runs automatically.
- Next, you need to prepare curry roasted vegetable. You can prepare and preheat your oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Then, you can chop the prepared cauliflower and slice the carrot. You also need to slice your red onion.
- Once those vegetables are prepared, you can get parchment on baking sheet and place the vegetables. Add the olive oil, curry power, and salt on them of them. You need to mix them together before placing them into oven.
- Roast the seasoned vegetables into oven and roast them for around 20 minutes. Check and stir them before roasting them more for 15 minutes.
- During the roasting and cooking process, you can prepare the dressing. What you need to do is to place the tahini, minced garlic, cayenne, lemon juice, cumin, water, and salt into the blender. You can blend them until all ingredients are smooth.
When rice, roasted vegetables, and dressing are ready, you can serve them in a bowl.