Coconut Vegetable Curry
Recipe Ingredients1 large eggplant cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 fresh green chili
1 teaspoon grated root ginger
1 onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon ground tumeric
1 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
8 oz potatos, diced
1 cup cauliflower florets
8 ounces pumpkin, chopped
8 ounces frozen green beans
2/3 cup coconut milk
salt and pepper
2 tbsp shredded coconut to serve
1. Layer the eggplant in a bowel, sprinkling with salt as you go. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse well under cold running water to remove all the salt. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, chili, ginger, onion and spices and fry over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Stir in the tomato paste, broth, lemon juice, potatoes and cauliflower and mix well. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the eggplant, pumpkin, green beans and coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Return to the boil and continue to simmer, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes, or until tender.
6. Serve immediately garnished with coconut and thick slices of rye bread.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Cals 159, Protein 8g, carbs 19g, sugars 8g, fat 6g, saturates 1g
More Vegetarian Diet Recipes
Vegetarian Diet Information
Vegetarianism is a healthy option and vegetarian
diets can be perfectly healthy eating plans but care should be taken to
ensure optimum nutrition. So, whether following an ovo-lacto or other
type of vegetarian food plan, or vegan diet, for a healthy body and weight
make it a balanced eating plan and take regular exercise. Always consult
a doctor before beginning a weight loss diet or new fitness routine.